Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Who am I?

Well, simply put: I'm that guy from Pitt-Greensburg.  I haven't always gone by that name but over the past three years I've noticed that the name seems to follow me.

My real name is Charles J. Simpson III, but most people just call me C.J.  I'm currently a junior undergrad student at The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, or UPG, studying journalism and English Literature.(Woooo! Books!)

I've lived on campus every year and have had experiences with almost everything Pitt-Greensburg has to offer.  I have been involved with RSC, SGA and several other clubs over the past few years. Most recently I was the assistant editor of The Insider for the Fall 2010 semester. I'm also involved with The Insider this semester and my blog will be like an extension to it. On this Blog I'll talk about college stuff, do some event coverage and post up anything I think is cool or a good subject for conversation.  There are several things that I wish I knew before coming to this campus, or college in general, and I plan to showcase just that.

I'll look at kool things to do on and off campus as well. These things are so kool that no other kool person with kool shoes and a kool car will be able to comprehend because of their koolness.  Hell, things are already so kool that I have to spell cool with a "k"!  My advice and opinions come from experiences of either myself or others close to me and trust me, they're always entertaining.  Pretty kool, right?


I plan to have updates every Tue, Thur. and Sat. or possibly Mon., Wed, or Fri. as well.  It's hard to keep a solid schedule because college life usually manages to get the best of me but I'll do my best to stay on some sort of posting pattern.  So if you go to UPG, are considering attending UPG, are going to any other college, have friends that go to UPG or other colleges, have children that attend UPG or just want to be entertained for a few minutes then please check back for more updates.

Sincerely,

That Guy from Pitt-Greensburg

5 comments:

  1. I feel that the Bobcat/Pizza Hut should be replaced with a Taco Bell. Doing so will allow me to quit my college career and work at Taco Bell for the rest of my life.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many semesters have you spent on the Insider? It's only my first, so I hope you'll be able to help Jenna and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon-Shoot for the Stars

    Kaylie-This is my second semester with The Insider and this semester will be pretty awesome...or at least I think it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to it. :) Still getting acquainted with the camera, but it's not bad. My dog is proving to be an excellent subject to photograph. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, CJ... Came across your blog after I saw it on the Academic Village calendar for next week. I promoted it on the Housing & Reslife facebook page.

    Looks good so far! Oh, how I miss my days at The Insider.

    ReplyDelete