Monday, January 24, 2011

Superbowl Bound

Tonight I had the privileged to watch the Steelers make it to their eighth Superbowl in franchise history with about 15 random people in my dorm room.  Fans in my room ranged anywhere between die hard fans and casual Pittsburgh sports supporters that were all friends with my other roommates, Jessie and Miles.  I'm not 21 yet so I can't go out to bars for games and it's hard to find a similar setting at Pitt-Greensburg on a Saturday or Sunday evening but I think I've found one.  TV lounges usually draw decent crowds but I've never watched a Steelers game on campus with so many people before. I honestly think that watching the last two games with a big group of random fans and roommates were the best Steelers experiences I've had all year. 

I can't wait for Feb. 6!!

Anyone have a good story  about watching the Steelers at UPG?  Leave a comment.


PS-Mendenhall is awesome as well as Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, Big Ben, Adrian Redman and the entire Defense.

2 comments:

  1. I never get to watch the Steelers at UPG of course, but I used to love watching the Steelers when I traveled. There are great Steelers bars all over the world. Everywhere I've ever been -- with the possible exception of Istanbul -- I've found Steeler fans. My favorites are in Galway, Ireland, though the ones in Prague are pretty cool, too. And the South Side, of course.And the North Side. And all around this town.

    I love, too, how we all greet each other the same way on game day: "Go Steelers." "Go Steelers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to be on the South Side the night before the Superbowl. It was the best.

    ReplyDelete