Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Forever Getting Fatter?

I saw an infomercial the other night that I completely forgot about until now.  It was for a product called Forever Lazy and yes, I'm pretty sure it was concieved by the devil.


Essentially this thing is a $20 lightly insulated unitard that comes with "free footies" (pretty sure they're just socks).  Hmmm, sweats or this ridiculous thing?  Decisions.

Really America?  Apparently wearing sweatpants AND a sweatshirt is too damn complicated for some lazy asshole out there so they(He, She, I?) decided to make things "easier" with a one-piece fleece.  How are clothes difficult?  God,  I thought I hated Snuggie commercials but at least those people were by themselves. In this commercial they act like hanging out with friends dressed up like a baked potato wrapped in tin foil is kool. If I ever walked into my friend's house and found him or her wearing one of these I'd probably tar and feather their ass.  For Christ's sake, you don't have to take it off to take a shit! WTF!! 

My biggest fear with these things is that parents will see them on TV, the internet, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. and think, "Hey! This would be great for little Billie!  He goes to college so he must love looking like a sloppy bastard who can't manage to put on actual clothing to stay warm.  I better get two in case his sister wants one too."  Please parents, don't buy these for your children, especially if they're in college.  Traditional clothes are a lot cheaper and far less embarassing...or at least I think so. 

Sorry Forever Lazy, encouraging Americans to be even more lazy than they already are is just throwing more gasoline on the fire that is the obesity problem in America.  Thanks for that.

Steven Colbert also mentioned the Forever Lazy on his show last night.  Here's the Link

7 comments:

  1. This is worse than the new Pajama Jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cool is spelled with a "k" and that one-piece fleece just sounds amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pajama jeans? Wow I'm really out of the fashion world. Then again, I don't think I was ever in it to begin with.

    BTW, I'm still giggling every time I say one-piece fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pajama jeans.

    https://www.pajamajeans.com/flare/next

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and you're getting one for your birthday now.

    ReplyDelete