Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting Your Money's Worth

Typical distractions that make all book titles look like this. Photo by: C.J. Simpson
I remember how much I used to love snow days in grade school.  I usually spent my time playing sports, playing video games with friends or snorting pixxie stixx (only did that once and I leaned my lesson) and not doing homework or studying for the next big test.  So, if I told you I spent many nights praying for a snow day six hours before a paper was due I bet no one would doubt me.

To my surprise I was finally beat with a maturity stick early on in high school and I started doing my work and all that good scholarly stuff.  Now that I'm in college, I wonder how students feel about snow days. There have already been three delays this semester out of 13 total days of classes held so it's possible for many students to be behind already.  Sure, only classes before 10 a.m are canceled for delays but that can still affect students with early class schedules (I'm talking about all the science nerds out there) but the winter is young and so is this semester.

So what do you think about canceled classes? How many canceled classes does it take for it to go from  being awesome to annoying? Do you feel like your money is being wasted?  Should you get a cash refund for lost time? (Like that would happen)  Are there any Professors out there that cancel class or show up late too much?

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo and its excellent composition haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kind lady...it is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment, I want canceled classes so I can catch up on work and do laundry. And I've only had my Thursday evening class once - the first week.

    ReplyDelete