Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4/20=Get $...or grow up!

So today is 4/20.  Nothing special about today, right. WRONG!  Today is the day also referred to as the unofficial official "smoke weed day" by cheeba monkies and potheads everywhere.  That's not fair, I don't want to group everyone together so no more name calling. I promise.  Still, that doesn't mean that today isn't the day everyone decides to celebrate their mental addiction to marijuana.  But why? And why do I care?

Well, from what I've heard there are a bunch of different meanings to the date's significance.  I've heard it has to do with how long it takes to get high, how long you stay high, the time Bob Marley died, and something about the actual composition of weed.  Which one is right? I don't know and I don't give a shit.  I don't smoke weed, but that doesn't mean I not in college (wink face?...j/k).  That's something my mom said to me..ya. AWKWARD.  PS- Love you mama! Anyway, I don't care that there's a day cannabus enthusiasts decide to celebrate their life choices, but I do care that non traditional weed smokers act like smoking weed on 4/20 is the coolest thing ever.

Every 4/20 I hear kids whispering about getting high, being high, intending to get high, or finding weed and it pisses me off.  No one give a Flock if you smoke weed! Sure, it was kool and rebellious and different when you were 16 and had lady-bits and cash thrown at youif you happened to posess some weed, but now--especially in college--smoking, obtaining, and just talking about weed is nothing too crazy.  Sure, some may see that as "not right" and use that to say college is for pussy liberal kids who'd rather get high then enter the work force, but who gives a hell?  My opinion:  smoke weed, or whatever else you like, just don't run around bragging about how high you got or how much cash you blew on weed.  I feel that a real pot smoker does it constantly and doen't need to wait to one flippin day out of 365 days to justify smoking weed.  And the people that ONLY smoke on 4/20?  Well, I hope drinking Drain-O becomes kool so you can be the first to bandwagon on that and leave the rest of us to live, and possibly smoke, in peace.  Sorry if that's too harsh.

Funny story, the other night I was hanging around a particular residence hall and no one there knew me.  Me and some friends were standing around and BSing about things only Tom Cruise would understand (Scientology joke?) and a girl asked me "if I could get her some tree?" Tree meaning weed.  Wow! Do I really look like a guy who sells weed? Wait, WTF does that mean? I don't know. No offense to you drug dealers and users out there...sorry.  But ya, I was just shocked that someone would ask me about getting them weed.  Sure, I look ghetto sometimes because I'm from the city, my voice sounds like a turtle-stoner, and I have MANY friends who are quite fond of Dope-A-Whanna but does that mean I'm the "weed guy" or was she just desperate?  Whatever the case was, I pretended to text someone and said, "Sorry, no luck." Ya...I'm THAT kool.

Back on point, weed smoking is kool and all but I just don't give a fuck who does what and when they do it.  I'm not just talking about weed, other drugs, or alcohol that I don't care about; I don't care about ANYTHING YOU PEOPLE DO that doesn't involve me.  Do whatever, just know that I'm not impressed with weed.  Really, it's not a big deal but I just hate when people don't shut the funk up about their 4/20 plans in public.  Go into Chambers Hall and yell "MARIJUANA!!!" and see how many people break their necks staring and judging you.  What a world. Some people belive that 4/20ers need to grow up, while I think you should do whatever you want. I think it's perfectly acceptable to smoke weed, make money doing it, or do whatever the hell else you want to do just PLEASE make sure you don't boast about your endevors. That's all I ask.

College is the last place you can get away with doing stupid and irresponsible things with little to no repercussions.  On that note, smoke up homiez!! This may be the last few years it will be cool.  WHen does it stop being kool to smoke weed?  28. Yes, 28. Why?  I don't know, that's just the way things are...just like the origin of 4/20. Deal with it.  Now after reading this, how many people do you think will quit the whole "weed thing" at 28?  The same people that are bandwagon Penguins and Pirates fans? (Laughs) Only time will tell.




PS-Please don't assume I can sell or get you weed. You'll just end up dissapointed like that girl was last night. And yes, that's the first time I've ever not been abe to satisfy a girl late at night. Zing POW BAMMMM!!!!!

Untimately, I think Daniel Tosh said it best >>>> Skip to 1:10 or watch the whole thing. It's funny!!




No comments:

Post a Comment